Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a disease caused by the virus severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Since its outbreak in 2019, it has spread globally and till today, remains a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).
COVID-19 often causes respiratory symptoms that is similar to a cold, a flu or pneumonia. However, for some, other parts of the body may also be affected by the disease.
- Most people with COVID-19 have mild symptoms, however, the elderly and those with certain underlying medical conditions are at a much higher risk of developing much more severe symptoms;
- Those with minor or no symptoms may also suffer from long term post-COVID conditions, also known as, long COVID;
- Vaccines against COVID-19, which can lessen the severity of the disease, are now available.
#1 in every 5 people who are infected with COVID-19 develop difficulty in breathing and require hospital care.
SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is highly evolving and changes over time. During the late 2020, the emergence of some variants has prompted characterization of these specific Variants of Concern (VOCs) as it posed an increased risk to global public health. According to WHO, the designated variants of concern (VOCs) currently known include:
Most of these changes affect the virus’ properties, including how easily it spreads, the associated disease severity and particularly the ability of the current diagnostic tools to detect the virus. It is therefore of utmost importance to choose a service provider that offers the ability to detect the current VOCs (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omicron & other possible mixed variants) to avoid the risk of obtaining false negative results.
Xcelom’s COVID-19 RT-PCR Screening Test adopts the real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) methodology for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in your specimen. This is also the recommended method of in vitro diagnostic testing for COVID-19 from the World Health Organization.
- NPS (Nasopharyngeal Swab), OPS (Oropharyngeal Swab) & CNT (Combined nasal and throat swabs).
*DTS is also available (please contact us for special arrangements)
- Fast TAT - Accurate results available in 4hrs – 24 hrs
- Convenience – Direct delivery of test kit to your home (No queuing necessary)
- Hong Kong Government recognized COVID-19 testing assurance.
- *Nucleic acid testing institutions recognized by Guangdong Province and Macau (such as Shenzhen Bay Port, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Port)
- Accreditation by Hong Kong Accreditation Service (HKAS) under the Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS)
- CE-IVD、FDA EUA、SFDA certified test kit
|Name of Accredited Laboratory||Xcelcom Limited - Xcelom Microbiology Laboratory|
|HOKLAS Reg. No.||850S|
#Xcelom Limited is accredited by Hong Kong Accreditation Service (HKAS) under the HOKLAS scheme (Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme) to perform specific tests/activities in the COVID-19 RT-PCR Screening Test
ACCESS SAMPLE REPORT & HEALTH CERTIFICATE